The Langley Fermenter’s Wine Club welcomes new members. There are many benefits to joining our club for those interested in the art of home winemaking:
- Monthly meetings are held in members’ homes, with wine tastings of club member’s wines as well as commercially produced wines and accompanied by food and socializing.
- Winemaking expertise, classes, and forums are provided to club members by guest speakers and experienced club members.
- Collaborative support and technical advice amongst members are shared.
- Contact information for grape supplies are shared among members, along with occasional group purchases organized.
Membership not only provides collaborative expertise, but also throughout the year the club is a cornerstone for winemaker events and social gatherings such as:
- Opportunities for all members to compete in vintner competitions throughout British Columbia. All competitions supply experienced accredited judges who are trained through the provincial Guild of Judges to award placements for top winning wines and provide written comments for all entrance wines.
- As affiliate members of the British Columbia Artisan Winemaker’s Association (BCAWA), members of the Langley Fermenter’s are encouraged to compete in the annual wine making competition at a provincial level. Provincial placements can be advanced to a national competition.
- The Langley Fermenter’s host a garden party and wine competition in late spring/early summer for club members. Medals are given at this event.
- Many affiliate BCAWA clubs in British Columbia welcome members of the Langley Fermenter’s to compete in their annual open competitions.
- Social gatherings and events are planned throughout the year for club members and guests, such as:
- Our annual fall club crushes.
- Volunteering for the Langley Rotarian Wine Tasting event.
- Our club Christmas party.
- Our club garden party.
- Wine tasting events at commercial wineries.
- Our annual wine tasting/vineyard tour bus trip.
Membership in the Langley Fermenter’s wine club also provides members with:
- An annual subscription to the valued resource, WineMaker magazine (6 issues per year).
- Sharing and group purchasing of necessary winemaking equipment.
However, the most valued benefit of belonging to our club is in joining us in establishing lasting friendships and collaborative interest in the art of winemaking.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org